$Unbind and $UnbindW
$Unbind and $UnbindW: Unbind resource previously bound via $Bind
Note: Many $functions have been deprecated in favor of Object Oriented methods. There are no OO equivalents for the $Unbind and $UnbindW functions.
The $Unbind and $UnbindW functions unbind resources previously bound with the $Bind function. Use $UnBind to unbind a single resource. Use $UnBindW to unbind a set of resources specified with wildcards.
$Unbind and $UnbindW accept one argument and return a numeric code.
%result = $Unbind(res_name)
%result = $UnbindW(res_name)
|%result||A status code that indicates the result of the function.|
|res_name||The name of the resource to be unbound. This resource name can be any string up to 255 bytes long.|
0 - Resource successfully unbound 1 - Resource name missing 2 - User does not have resource bound
N - The number of unbound semaphores All other errors cause request cancellation
- A resource remains bound until it is either explicitly unbound with the $Unbind or $UnbindW function or the binding user logs off or is restarted.
- The semaphore name specified as the argument to $UnbindW can be an explicit name or it can contain the following wildcard characters:
* Matches any number of characters including none ? Matches any single character " Indicates that the next character must be treated literally, even if it is a wildcard character.
String Matches C*D CUSTID or COD or CLOD S??T SALT or SLOT or SORT E"*CONCRETE E*CONCRETE
- The following program unbinds the resource called "SMITHERS".
b %rc = $Unbind( 'SMITHERS' ) End
- The following program unbinds the all resource that begin with the letters "SMITH".
B %RC = $UnbindW( 'SMITH*' ) END