SirMon File Monitor menu
Option 4 from the main menu presents a menu of file statistics screens.
This menu is also accessible by entering
=4 in the command
line of any SirMon screen. In RKWeb, expanding the
Performance > Files menu of the
Monitor tab displays these statistics options in a sub-menu.
Selecting any of these numbered file statistics options presents a "scrollable screen" (see Scrollable screen format) of specific statistics for all open files in the Online system. The PF1 key displays definitions for the presented statistics:
|U||Update the selection menu||Allows SirMon administrators to customize the File Monitor menu.|
|A||User AD-HOC||An ad hoc view of file statistics specific to each SirMon user.|
|1||File Activity||Display of disk activity, file enqueue counts, total page buffer utilization, and critical file resource conflicts.|
|2||Buffer Usage||Detailed breakdown of each file's disk buffer usage by table together with disk read and write rates.|
|3||Critical File Resource||Shows each category of resource conflict as a rate and the total number if users waiting on various critical file resources.|
|4||File Table Usage||Shows file space utilization information for each open Model 204 file, broken down by table type.|
|5||Ordered Index Usage||Information about ordered index data density and usage.|
As many as 27 locally defined screens may also be accessed from the File Monitor menu. These screens are defined by a SirMon administrator as described in SirMon custom screens.
File Monitor commands
A number of special commands (TN3270 interface only) allow limiting the view of selected files:
|FILE xxxxxxxx||Restricts the display to files that match the pattern specified in xxxxxxxx. For example, this command limits the display of files to only those whose names begin with "GLB":
|USER xxxx||Restricts the display to files that are open by the user number specified. Wildcards are not allowed with this command.|
|SUBSYS xxxxxxxx||Restricts the display to files that are open by the subsystem specified in xxxxxxxxxx. Wildcards are not allowed in subsystem specification.|
|ALL||The command ALL removes any restrictions on the display. The display returns to showing all files.|
Zoom and Detail views
All File Monitor screens give the option of zooming (the PF6 key) or obtaining a detail view (the PF10 key) on an individual file. The cursor must be positioned over a line of file statistics to determine the file for which Zoom or Detail statistics are required. In RKWeb, clicking a line of statistics opens a combined Zoom and Detail view.
- Zoom presents a non-scrollable screen (refer to Non-scrollable screen format) with the same statistics as were presented on the original screen, but with screen lines representing time-sliced views of the selected file's performance.
- Detail presents a display of most of the important statistics that can be displayed for any single file:
The PF3 key from a Zoom or Detail screen returns the original File Monitor screen.
- SirMon application structure
- SirMon main menu
- SirMon System Overview screen
- SirMon threshold setting
- SirMon background monitor
- SirMon System Monitor menu
- SirMon User Monitor menu
- SirMon File Monitor menu
- SirMon Subsystem Monitor menu
- SirMon Task Monitor menu
- SirMon Janus Monitor menu
- SirMon custom screens
- SirMon critical-file-resource monitoring
- SirMon user-initiated capturing of statistics
- System statistics displayed in SirMon
- User statistics displayed in SirMon
- File statistics displayed in SirMon
- Subsystem statistics displayed in SirMon
- Task statistics displayed in SirMon
- Critical File Resource statistics displayed in SirMon
- SirMon date processing