Jump to navigation Jump to search
M204.0138 Unable to open streamName stream
Model 204 was unable to open the data set specified by the:
- RESTART DDNAME under z/OS
- RESTART DLBL under z/VSE
- RESTART FILEDEF under CMS
- DEFINE STREAM RESTART command in the CCAIN. If DEFINE STREAM was specified, a fatal error occurred during open processing for one or more of the members in the list.
System manager response: This error can be corrected by the following:
- If the DEFINE STREAM command was not specified, verify that the data set name (DSN) specified by the RESTART DD statement of the recovery run matches the DSN associated with the CHKPOINT DD statement of the previous run.
- If the DEFINE STREAM command was specified, verify that the members specified are the same as those used during the previous run, and that the DD statements match.
- Check the JES log in the previous run to make sure the data set(s) was catalogued properly or if the actual physical device addresses need to be specified for the data set(s).
- Use a utility to verify the existence of the data set(s) on the specified physical device(s).
Operator response: Notify your system manager that this error has occurred.
|RETCODEO=52||Sets online return code|
|RETCODEB=52||Sets batch (single user) return code|
|CLASS=E||Error class; the message can be suppressed with the X'04' bit setting of the MSGCTL parameter|
|AUDITAD||Writes the message with line type AD to the audit trail|
|NOCOUNT||Does not increment the error count (ERCNT) parameter|
|OPR||Writes the message to the (operator) console|