Checkpoint extended quiesce timeout action
- Default value
- X'80', unless the CPQZSECS parameter is explicitly set.
- Parameter type
- Where set
- On User 0's parameter line or reset by system manager
- Related products
- Model 204 V5.1
If an extended quiesce is in progress, one of the following actions will take place when the CPQZSECS time limit expires. The action depends on the setting of CPQZACTN. The settings are mutually exclusive.
|X'10'||EOJ — terminate the run|
|X'20'||OPERATOR — prompts the Operator to provide what action to take: EOJ, ENDEQ, or CONTINUE|
|X'40'||ENDEQ — end extended quiesce state, release all updating users|
|X'80'||CONTINUE — the extended quiesce should continue for the length of CPQZSECS seconds|
If the extended quiesce is ended before the CPQZSECS time limit expires, the CPQZACTN setting is ignored.
The CPQZACTN parameter is dependent on the CPQZSECS parameter, meaning: if you explicitly set one, you must explicitly set the other. Otherwise, the following message is issued:
M204.2607: CPQZACTN AND CPQZXECS ARE COREQUISITE PARAMETERS
If neither CPQZACTN nor CPQZSECS is set, CPQZACTN defaults to X’80’.
Unlike most other parameters, the value of CPQZACTN is partially validated at Online initialization and partially validated when a CHKPOINT data set is first opened.
- If NUSERS is one, or RCVOPT bit X’01’ is off, which means check pointing is not active, the extended quiesce CCAIN parameters are not validated. They cannot be reset and they are viewed as zero.
- If neither extended quiesce parameter, CPQZACTN or CPQZSECS, is specified on CCAIN, and NUSERS is greater than one, and check pointing is active, the CPQZACTN is set to X’80’ at the end of system initialization.
- If NUSERS is greater than one and check pointing is active, CPQZACTN can be reset at any time during the run.
- When the system is not in extended quiesce, the reset takes effect immediately.
- During extended quiesce, a new value of CPQZACTN takes effect only after a M204.2610 message is issued. The M204.2610 message is issued every minute.
- If the extended quiesce ends before the next M204.2610 message is issued, the new value of CPQZACTN is in effect at the next checkpoint.