Jump to navigation Jump to search
M204.0229 Invalid statement
The SOUL request being compiled contains a syntax error. This message may be preceded by another message identifying the error. The following errors produce only this message:
- The statement is unidentifiable.
- A FOR EACH OCCURRENCE or a PRINT ALL INFORMATION statement appears outside a FOR EACH RECORD loop.
- A PRINT or NOTE statement contains a field name reference outside a FOR EACH RECORD loop.
- FOR EACH RECORD/IN ORDER is specified for a set produced by SORT RECORDS.
- A field update, PLACE RECORD, or REMOVE RECORD statement appears outside a FOR EACH RECORD loop.
- A field update statement appears inside a FOR EACH RECORD loop against a set produced by SORT RECORDS.
- An OPEN or CLOSE statement does not specify the DATASET option.
- Extra text, such as a comment, appears on the same line as the statement.
- A header or trailer number in a SET or RESET clause is non-numeric or is less than 1 or greater than the value of the MAXHDR or MAXTRL parameter.
- The number of lines to skip in SKIP n LINES (outside a SCREEN definition) is less than 1 or greater than 100.
- LOOP END or STOP IF appears outside a FOR loop.
- The Model 204 module does not contain the component of the compiler that processes the invalid statement.
Response: Check for spelling errors, any associated error, or violated restrictions. Correct the statement and recompile the request. If the statement is correct, contact your system manager for help in identifying an omitted compiler component.
System manager response: Your Model 204 module might have a missing component. Rebuild the Model 204 module if necessary.
|RETCODEO=0||Sets online return code|
|RETCODEB=4||Sets batch (single user) return code|
|CLASS=E||Error class; the message can be suppressed with the X'04' bit setting of the MSGCTL parameter|
|AUDITER||Writes the message with line type ER to the audit trail|
|COUNT||Increments the error count (ERCNT) parameter|
|ECHO||Displays the line that caused the error|