M204.0598 FREE ddName failed - reason
The FREE of the indicated data set failed due to the reason given in the message.
If reason is:
Specified DDNAME or DSNAME associated with an open dataset
Then this can be caused by any of the following:
- The data set is a Model 204 file (or part of a multi-data set file) and, as a file or a member of a group, any of the following can apply:
- The file is currently open by another user.
- The file is a mandatory member of an APSY subsystem, and the subsystem is currently active, even if no one is currently using the APSY.
- The file is currently open in this Online by another Model 204 Online as part of a scattered group.
- The file has the FRCVOPT X'10' bit set to prevent discontinuities, and the file has been updated in this Online.
- The data set is not a Model 204 file, and the data set is currently open for access — either read or write.
Response: Correct the condition that caused the command to fail, then reissue the command.
|RETCODEO=0||Sets online return code|
|RETCODEB=4||Sets batch (single user) return code|
|CLASS=E||Error class; the message can be suppressed with the X'04' bit setting of the MSGCTL parameter|
|AUDITER||Writes the message with line type ER to the audit trail|
|COUNT||Increments the error count (ERCNT) parameter|