Jump to navigation Jump to search
M204.0712 Value too long in recnum=token, field=token2
- token2 specifies the name of the field within the record.
- token specifies the Model 204 record number that incurred the error.
A File Load program has encountered an attempt to update field token2, a field in the preallocated section, with a value that exceeds the defined length for token2. The update to token2 did not occur, but the File Load program continues.
File manager response: You can do one of the following:
- Correct the FLOD program or input file.
- Increase the size of the preallocated field which is specified in the LENGTH attribute of the field description.
- Leave this field out of the preallocated section by not specifying the OCCURS attribute.
Note: Changes to the preallocated section requires reorganizing the file.
|RETCODEO=0||Sets online return code|
|RETCODEB=4||Sets batch (single user) return code|
|CLASS=E||Error class; the message can be suppressed with the X'04' bit setting of the MSGCTL parameter|
|AUDITER||Writes the message with line type ER to the audit trail|
|COUNT||Increments the error count (ERCNT) parameter|