Jump to navigation Jump to search
M204.1593 CICS printer not available, token
The CICS remote printer could not be used for the reason specified. The possible reasons are listed below:
- Invalid terminal ID specified. The terminal ID (TERMID) specified is unknown to CICS. Check with your systems programmer for the correct printer ID(s).
- Invalid transaction ID specified. The printer transaction name (TRANSID) specified is unknown to CICS. If you are issuing a USE command that refers to a prior DEFINE command, verify that the correct TRANSID was specified. Otherwise, check with your system manager for the correct transaction names.
- Model 204/CICS failure, CICS dump generated. An unrecoverable error occurred while processing the printer request. A CICS transaction dump was generated. You should write down the sequence of events that led to the error, retrieve the dump, and contact Technical Support.
- The printer task failed to start within WAITTIME. The CICS printer was not available within the time specified in the WAITTIME parameter. This might indicate the printer was printing a long request or was otherwise tied up. Otherwise, the WAITTIME value was too low, and CICS could not start the printer transaction in time. Try increasing the value of WAITTIME.
- Printer task GETMAIN failed. There is not enough CICS storage for the printer transaction. Check with your CICS systems programmer about increasing storage.
- Invalid parameters passed to printer task. The parameters passed to the printer transaction were invalid. Verify the parameters of the USE and/or DEFINE commands. If the problem persists, make note of an example of the command causing the error and contact Technical Support.
- Printer task received an invalid CRAM post code. This is an internal Model 204 error. It is possible that a CICS dump or a Model 204 snap is associated with this error. Gather all information, and contact Technical Support.
- Printer task abended, CICS dump generated. The CICS printer transaction has abended. This message may be associated with other error messages. If the problem persists, gather all available information and contact Technical Support.
- Unknown response from printer. The CICS remote printer transaction returned an unusual return code. It is possible an incorrect transaction name was specified. If the problem persists, verify the correct installation of the Model 204 remote printer transaction or contact Technical Support.
- Terminal and printer task out of synchronization. The terminal task and the printer task are not communicating correctly. The printer task is halted and control is returned to the terminal task. If the problem persists, write down the sequence of commands which led to the problem and contact Technical Support.
- Printer type requested is not supported. The printer requested (TERMID) is a type that is not supported. The printers supported are 328x, 2741, and TTY/TWX. If the problem persists, check with your CICS systems programmer about the type of printers defined to your CICS region.
- Printer subroutine not found. The routine that manages the remote printer transaction, SRPT, could not be found. Check with your CICS systems programmer and verify installation of the subroutine.
Response: Review the reasons described above, and take the appropriate action.
System manager response: Where appropriate, verify the correct installation of the Model 204 transaction with your CICS systems programmer.
|RETCODEO=0||Sets online return code|
|RETCODEB=4||Sets batch (single user) return code|
|CLASS=E||Error class; the message can be suppressed with the X'04' bit setting of the MSGCTL parameter|
|AUDITER||Writes the message with line type ER to the audit trail|
|COUNT||Increments the error count (ERCNT) parameter|