Next (RecordsetCursor function)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Move cursor to the next record in the set (RecordsetCursor class)
This callable method returns a CursorState Enumeration indicating the state of the cursor after it is moved.
[%cursorState =] recordsetCursor:Next
|%cursorState||An enumeration object of type CursorState to contain the state of the cursor after the completion of Next. Valid values are described in "Cursor state".|
|recordsetCursor||A RecordsetCursor object.|
- Next may be issued if the cursor is in one of two states:
- HasRecord — Advances to the next record (if there is one).
- BeforeStart — Advances to the first record.
- If Next is called on a cursor whose state is AfterEnd, the request is cancelled.
- After issuing Next, the cursor is left in one of two states:
- HasRecord — The cursor moved to a new record, and it is ready to go.
- AfterEnd — The cursor ran off the end, and it points to no record.