Previous (RecordsetCursor function)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Move cursor to the previous record in the set (RecordsetCursor class)
This callable method returns a CursorState enumeration indicating the state of the cursor after it is moved.
[%cursorState =] recordsetCursor:Previous
|%cursorState||An enumeration object of type CursorState to contain the state of the cursor after the completion of Previous. Valid values are described in "Cursor state".|
|recordsetCursor||A RecordsetCursor object.|
- Previous may be issued if the cursor is in one of two states:
- HasRecord — Advances to the previous record (if there is one).
- AfterEnd — Advances to the last record.
- If Previous is called on a cursor whose state is BeforeStart, the request is cancelled.
- After issuing Previous, the cursor is left in one of two states:
- HasRecord — The cursor moved to a new record, and it is ready to go.
- BeforeStart — The cursor ran off the beginning, and it points to no record.