The $Fsterr function returns a string containing the prefix and text of the first counting error message or request cancellation message received by the user.
This function takes no arguments.
- A null value is returned if no counting error or request cancellation message has been received since:
- The beginning of the user's Model 204 session
- The last call to the $ErrClr function
- Processing a SOUL Open statement
- The maximum length of the returned string is determined by the setting of the ERRMSGL parameter. That parameter defaults to 80 which means a maximum of 79 characters are returned, but ERRMSGL can be set as high as 256 which means up to 255 characters would be returned.
- $Fsterr is not available for Host Language Interface applications.
- The $Fsterr function requires an additional 88 bytes in the fixed portion of the server.
A sample $Fsterr function with an On Error unit follows. To learn about On Error units, see ON units.
begin fsterr.proc: on error print 'The request is ending' print 'The first error message was:' print $fstErr end on get.recs: find all records for which agent = blake end find for each record in get.recs . . end for end