SirMon Subsystem Monitor menu
Option 5 from the TN3270 SirMon main menu presents a menu of subsystem statistics screens.
This menu is also accessible by entering
=5 in the
command line of any SirMon screen. In RKWeb, expanding the
Performance > Subsystems menu of the
Monitor tab displays these statistics options in a sub-menu.
Selecting any option from the subsystem statistics menu brings you to a scrollable screen displaying specific statistics for all defined or active subsystems in an Online system. The PF1 key displays explanatory text for the given statistics.
|U||Update the selection menu||Allows SirMon administrators to customize the Subsystem Monitor menu.|
|A||User AD-HOC||An adhoc view of subsystem statistics specific to each SirMon user.|
|1||Active/Inactive Subsystems||Display of status, number of users, access (PRIVATE, PUBLIC, SEMIPUBLIC), non-precompiled prefix and precompiled prefix for all subsystems defined in the Online.
This is the only Subsystem Monitor screen from which subsystems may be STARTed or STOPped.
|2||Resident QTBL Usage||Detailed breakdown of key information about each subsystem's use of resident QTBL.|
As many as 30 locally defined screens may also be accessed from the Subsystem Monitor menu. These screens are defined by a SirMon administrator as described in SirMon custom screens.
Subsystem Monitor commands
The displayed list of subsystems can be limited with the following commands.
|FILE xxxxxxxx||Limits the display to subsystems that have the specified file open. Wildcards are not allowed in the file specification.|
|SUBSYS xxxxxxxx||Limits the display to subsystem names that match the specified wildcard string. For example, |
|ALL||Removes any restrictions on the subsystem display. All subsystems are presented.|
Zoom and Detail views
All Subsystem Monitor screens give the option of zooming (the PF6 key) or obtaining a detail view (the PF10 key) on an individual subsystem. To determine the subsystem for which Zoom or Detail statistics are required, the cursor must be on a valid "subsystem" line.
- Zoom presents a non-scrollable screen of the same statistics as were presented on the original screen, but screen lines represent time-sliced views of the selected subsystem's performance.
- Detail presents a display of most of the important statistics and information that can be displayed for any single subsystem:
The PF3 key from a Zoom or Detail screen returns the original Subsystem Monitor screen.
- SirMon application structure
- SirMon main menu
- SirMon System Overview screen
- SirMon threshold setting
- SirMon background monitor
- SirMon System Monitor menu
- SirMon User Monitor menu
- SirMon File Monitor menu
- SirMon Subsystem Monitor menu
- SirMon Task Monitor menu
- SirMon Janus Monitor menu
- SirMon custom screens
- SirMon critical-file-resource monitoring
- SirMon user-initiated capturing of statistics
- System statistics displayed in SirMon
- User statistics displayed in SirMon
- File statistics displayed in SirMon
- Subsystem statistics displayed in SirMon
- Task statistics displayed in SirMon
- Critical File Resource statistics displayed in SirMon
- SirMon date processing